- About Us
- Jobs & Classifieds
- Education & Resources
- For Our Members
- For The Public
- Shop ISAO
- Contact Us
ONTARIO COMMERCIAL ARBORISTS ASSOCIATION: Helping You Build a Better Tree Care Company
Membership application... Memberships are limited to proprietorships, firms, partnerships or corporations that are engaged primarily in the profession of commercial arboriculture. Associate memberships are divided into two sub-categories, manufacturer and distributor. The goals of our association are as follows:
• To promote and improve standards in commercial arboriculture
• To exchange ideas and improve the knowledge of commercial arborists through education and networking
• To promote safety of our workers and the public
• To promote public understanding of arboriculture
• To increase public awareness of the role of professional, commercial arborists
• To influence government legislation for the benefit of the public
AUGUST 2012: NEW EAB BOOKLET HOT OFF THE PRESS!
The OCAA, in collaboration with the City of Toronto (Urban Forestry) and the Ministry of Natural Resources, has released a booklet entitled What you need to know about the management of EAB: Guidelines for hiring tree care services to manage urban trees. This free booklet, produced with provincial funding, provides information about EAB, outlines factors to be considered when assessing management options, and what property owners should be looking for when hiring an arborist or tree care company. If you would like copies for distribution at events or for specific resident groups or clients, please contact Kristjan Vitols at the City of Toronto, 416-392-0432. View the booklet...
ANNUAL EVENTS & SEMINARS/WORKSHOPS
Each year as the busy season winds down, it is time for OCAA members to turn their attention to the growth and expansion of their companies. OCAA seminars guide attendees to success by providing practical information that can be used on a daily basis. Our sessions also provide CEUs for certified arborists and tree workers. Seminars are by advance registration only and often sell out so sign up early to avoid disappointment. Full session details... Registration form...
2013 Schedule of Events
• February 2: 0-8 Tonne Crane Competency
• February 13: OCAA Dinner at ISAO Conference
• March 22: Plant Health Care
• April 5 & 6: First Aid/CPR/WHMIS (Standard)
• Apr. 19 or May 10: Chainsaw Maint. & Safe Use
• Apr. 20 or May 11: Chipper & Stumper Maint.
& Safe Use
• May 1: Annual Day of Service
• October 11: Business Development
Photo courtesy of Ruurd van de Ven.
OCAA Day of Service
Every spring we offer a full day of free services to an organization in need of tree work (non-profits, places of worship, etc.). Members come out in full force from around the province to donate time, skills and equipment. Click here for details of each years' events...